The term ‘integrative’ means that I draw on a number of therapeutic approaches in order to find what best meets your needs so that you gain confidence to make potential positive changes.
I am passionate about what I do and from feedback I have received, I am approachable, considerate and sensitive when working.
I offer counselling services covering a range of personal issues although I have particular experience of working with clients who have complicated grief issues as a result of traumatic loss and/or bereavement. Within this field, I also work with adults who experienced loss and separation in childhood as a result of divorce, going into the care system, or going away to Boarding School.
Further experience includes working within an nhs setting as a staff counsellor as well as within the Higher Education sector counselling a diverse student population.
- Practitioner Certificate in Affective Neuroscience and Attachment Theory (2017), Psychology Matters in collaboration with Westcountry Association of Counselling (Dagmar Edwards)
- Diploma Supervision (2016) (Advanced Specialist Training Status, The National Counselling Society), Safe Space for Counselling (Ken Rabone)
- BA (Hons) in Humanistic and Integrative Counselling (2015), Peter Symonds College, Winchester (validated by Middlesex University)
Attendance at workshops and lectures supports my continued professional development, for example:
- Working with Anger facilitated by Jane Hancock & Maureen Vernon (2018)
- Trauma, Abandonment and Privilege facilitated by Nick Duffell (2018)
- Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming Self-Alienation facilitated by Janina Fisher, PhD (2018)
- The Foundation for Infant Loss Accredited Provider Training (2018)
- Complications of Bereavement, Causes, Management and Wider Implications facilitated by Dr Colin Murray Parkes (2016)
- Boarding School Experience facilitated by Nick Duffell, Joy Schaverien & Helena Løvendal-Duffell (2011)
As a registered accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), I adhere to their Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy (www.bacp.co.uk ).