The term ‘integrative’ means that I draw on a number of therapeutic approaches in order to find what best meets your needs so that you gain confidence to make potential positive changes.
I am passionate about what I do and from feedback I have received, I am approachable, considerate and sensitive when working.
I offer counselling services for adults covering a range of personal issues although I have particular experience of working with complicated grief as a result of traumatic loss and/or bereavement . Within these fields, I also work with adults who experienced loss and separation in childhood as a result of divorce, going into the care system or being sent away to boarding school. My work is informed by professional study and practice, my own therapeutic practice and in the case of ex-boarders my personal experience of boarding school.
Further experience includes working within an NHS setting as a staff counsellor and the Higher Education sector counselling a diverse student population.
- Practitioner Certificate in Affective Neuroscience and Attachment Theory (2017), Psychology Matters in collaboration with Westcountry Association of Counselling (Dagmar Edwards)
- Diploma Supervision (2016) (Advanced Specialist Training Status, The National Counselling Society), Safe Space for Counselling (Ken Rabone)
- BA (Hons) in Humanistic and Integrative Counselling (2015), Peter Symonds College, Winchester (validated by Middlesex University)
Attendance at workshops, seminars and lectures supports my continued professional development, for example:
- Boarding School Syndrome: The Psychological Trauma(s) of ‘Privileged’ Children facilitated by Joy Schaverien (2020)
- Shame Obsession, & Habitual Worrying facilitated by Dr Richard G Erskine (2019)
- ‘Outside the Box’ – A live show about Death facilitated by Liz Rothschild (2019)
- The Impact of Sibling Abuse and Male Survivors facilitated by Jane Hancock & Maureen Vernon (2019)
- Working with Anger facilitated by Jane Hancock & Maureen Vernon (2018)
- Trauma, Abandonment and Privilege facilitated by Nick Duffell (2018)
- Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming Self-Alienation facilitated by Janina Fisher, PhD (2018)
- The Foundation for Infant Loss Accredited Provider Training (2018)
- Complications of Bereavement, Causes, Management and Wider Implications facilitated by Dr Colin Murray Parkes (2016)
- Boarding School Experience facilitated by Nick Duffell, Joy Schaverien & Helena Løvendal-Duffell (2011)
As a registered accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), I adhere to their Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy (www.bacp.co.uk ).